Friday, March 1, 2013

The Baby On The Way



This book was a cute book about a family that has shared their stories of birth. They have passed on their stories of birth from generation to generation. It is a cute book for kids to know that adults were kids like them once too. This book would be cute to read after learning about their growth and development stages. I also like the fact that it had a diverse family. I know when people are young they tend to think that whatever their race is, is the "normal" or only race out there. When in reality, there are so many different races and cultures. I think this would be great especially for kids who are expecting a baby on the way.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how the author chose to tell this story in a diverse manner that isn't common. I'm the youngest in my family so I wouldn't have recognized a big event like this and sometimes, I wish I would have had a younger sibling. But as an aunt, I know my nieces and nephews would enjoy this story. Kids don't understand how life begins or that their parents were once like them so using this book would be a great way to introduce the topic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this book teaches tradition with the families story. It seems as life continues we loose the unique traditions of generations. The book seems to have a great story and lesson for children to hear. I would definately use this book for a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you pointed out that it is sometimes foreign for a child to think that adults were once children like them. It can be frustrating when a kid thinks that an adult has no idea what they are talking about and this book seems like it might change that a little. I agree with you and think it would tie in very nicely in a lesson about growth and development.

    ReplyDelete